KSLT INTERNAL UPDATES
April 17, 2020
KSLT team, please be informed that if you have already returned to work, it is your obligation to inform EI of your return to work date promptly and accurately. Failure to do so carries penalties. Thank you for your cooperation.
April 7, 2020
Update: The 25 desktop plexiglass shields have arrived. Take a look…
April 6, 2020 - second update
Parts, service and body shop teams:
Here’s a quick update on the enhanced safety measure we’re putting place:
- 200 masks are in our stock plus 150 additional masks are incoming.
- Large supply of gloves are in stock.
- Large supply of disinfectant chemicals are in stock.
- 25 desktop plexiglass shields are on order—ETA Tues., April 7.
APRIL 6, 2020
PARTS. SERVICE AND BODY SHOP TEAMS:
Our parts, service and body shop, classified by the government as essential service providers, will reopen on Wednesday, April 8. We will be implementing a series of changes and safety enhancement measures to protect our employees including:
- New reduced hours of operations for parts, service and body shop.
- The new hours will be 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday, closed Saturday.
- Although we’re reducing hours of operation, returning staff will receive 100% of their pay albeit with different shift times.
- Drop off and pick up only.
- No service waiters.
- No shuttle service.
- No valet service.
- No rentals.
- No car washes.
- Staffed drive-thru to allow only 2 customers at any one time.
- Customers will not be allowed to enter the service office.
- The vehicle owner will remain seated in own vehicle while the service advisor takes repair order information adhering to the 6ft social distancing rule.
- Vehicle will be sanitized by a protected detailer in the drive-thru before being turned over to a technician and before being returned to its owner.
- Pay methods will be via a phoned credit card transaction.
- All repair orders and receipts will be emailed to guest to eliminate face-to-face encounters.
- Continuing to research additional safety enhancements.
- All of these measures, combined with physical distancing, will allow us to provide a safe environment for our staff and guests.
April 4, 2020
Province to close dealer showrooms:
Yesterday, the Ontario government announced that more businesses must close under the province’s Emergency Measures Act related to COVID-19 by 11:59pm on Saturday, April 4. The Ontario Government has declared that vehicle selling is no longer an essential service and as such our showrooms will be closed. Sales people and supporting administration staff should not report to the dealership on Wednesday, April 8 until further advisement.
At this point it remains unclear how and if online sales of vehicles are affected. The TADA is working with government officials to seek clarity. We will provide our sales team and supporting admin staff with further updates as they become available.
Parts, service and body shop to reopen on Wednesday, April 8:
We are looking to reopen our parts, service and body shop on Wednesday, April 8. These departments, considered essential by the government, will operate on reduced hours. Please advise Danny Jamal no later than 11:00pm on Saturday, April 4 if you do notwish to return to work. You can fill out the contact form below or call Danny Jamal directly on cell number 416 543 0171.
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy-CEWS:
We are continuing to seek clarity on how the federal government defines and calculates a business’s eligibility for the 75% wage subsidy. We will provide our staff with further updates as they become eligible.
Next week’s payroll cycle:
If you’re not an EI claimant and have pay owed to you by KSLT on next week’s payroll cycle, please advise Danny Jamal no later than 11:00pm on Saturday, April 4. You can fill out the contact form below or call Danny Jamal directly on cell number 416 543 0171.
MARCH 31, 2020
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
As most of us have heard, the federal government has announced a potential 75% wage subsidy to Canadian businesses.
We are presently investigating the details of the CEWS to determine our eligibility. We will pass along additional information as we receive it.
MARCH 28, 2020
- Fariba has created the dealership’s final 18 ROE’s this evening and they were all emailed and mailed. Thank you Fariba.
- Fariba created another 24 ROE’s and all were emailed to our staff this Saturday afternoon. The hardcopies will also be mailed to you via Canada Post. The rest of ROE’s will be in the works. Thank you Fariba.
- Fariba created another 35 ROE’s and all were emailed to our staff this Saturday morning. The hardcopies will also be mailed to you via Canada Post. The rest of ROE’s will be in the works. Thank you Fariba.
MARCH 27, 2020
Fariba created another 39 ROE’s today and all were emailed to our staff. The hardcopies will also be mailed to you via Canada Post. The rest of ROE’s will be in the works as of Saturday morning. Thank you Fariba.
MARCH 26, 2020
Dear KSLT employees, we’ve processed a number of ROE’s so far and the rest are in process. We hope to have them ready for you in the next few days. The government website used to upload your ROE’s keeps on crashing resulting in delays. We understand that you may be able to start an EI claim without an ROE. You may wish to start this process now using option A. We will be emailing your ROE’s as soon as hard copies are printed. We hope that you and your families are safe and sound and thank you for your patience.
MARCH 25, 2020
For the safety of both our customers and staff, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Ken Shaw Lexus and Ken Shaw Toyota is currently closed. We are scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
In addition, we will be available via regular email and cell phone.
Danny Jamal 416 543 0171 Paul Shaw 647 501 1155 Ken Shaw Jr. 416 986 7429
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your hard work during these difficult times and wish you and your family great health. We look forward to seeing you as soon as our normal operations resume in the near future.
Ken, Paul, Danny