How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2019 Lexus LX 570?Jul 3rd, 2019
The verdict: Lexus’ 2019 LX 570 full-size luxury SUV seats five in its two-row version or up to eight in its three-row version, and for this Car Seat Check we tested the two-row version with a second-row bench seat. Ample room and easy-access Latch anchors helped it score well.
Does it fit three car seats? Yes
Take a look below at how the Latch system and each car seat scored below in our Car Seat Check of the 2019 Lexus LX 570.
- Latch: The two sets of lower anchors sit under Velcro flaps and are easy to use. Three top tether anchors can be found on the seatbacks. The outboard anchors are on the top of seatback, but the middle one is down at the base of the seat and not clearly marked.
- Infant: This seat went in easily and the 5-foot-6-inch-tall front passenger had ample legroom.
- Rear-facing convertible: Again, we had no trouble installing this car seat and it fit well.
- Booster: After raising the head restraint, the booster fit well. The seatbelt buckles are on stable stalks, which should make them easy for kids to grasp and use.
- Forward-facing convertible: We had no trouble connecting to the lower anchors, and after raising the head restraint, the convertible fit well. This seat received a B, however, because of the middle position’s top-tether-anchor placement. Since it is so close to the ground it’s harder to see, and near cargo hooks, which could confuse caregivers. Cargo hooks should never be used in place of a top tether anchor.